Makeup Tips For Large Pores
Some simple tricks and tips can make a big difference in reducing the appearance of enlarged pores.
* After cleansing the face, splash with cool water or run an ice cube lightly over the skin. This can help temporary shrink pores and makeup is less likely to settle into them.
* Prior to applying makeup, use a pore minimizing or refning lotion. Many brands sell these lotions, and they can help reduce pore size and protect the skin from clogging irritants and debris.
* Another trick is to apply a makeup primer as a base before your makeup. Many women with large pores find that a quality primer minimizes the appearance of pores and they can apply their makeup as usual without any concerns over the pores. A makeup primer or base is applied like a moisturizer, and simple provides a smooth, protective surface on which the makeup can be applied. The primer also helps makeup last longer and stay in place.
* When applying foundation, use a small amount, adding coverage slowly as needed. Adding too much makeup can draw attention to the pores rather than disguising them.
* Applying foundation with a sponge is often best for those with large pores. (Change or wash sponges often to avoid bacteria build up).
* Apply foundation in downward strokes to keep pores minimized.
* Finish your makeup and set the skin by gently pressing with powder.
* Since excess oil can often make pores appear larger, a good oily skin makeup tip is to keep blotting papers in your purse and gently blot periodically throughout the day to keep your makeup looking fresh.